Built in 1896, at Tompkins Cove, New York as the Marion .
From 1898 - 1914 she worked out of New York, New York.
In 1916, she returned to Tompkins Cove, New York. Between 1917 and 1919 the tug was renamed as the James P. McGuirl .
In 1919, the tug was acquired by the Providence Steamboat Company of Providence, Rhode Island and remained in service to Providence Steamboat until 1934.
She went out of registry between 1935 and 1936.
The tug was single screw, rated at 300 IHP (Indicated Horse Power).
(Captain Eric Takakjian)