Built in 1887, in East Providence, Rhode Island as the The Nat Sutton .
From 1887-1925 the tug worked in Providence, Rhode Island for the Providence Steamboat Company.
The tug was then acquired by the W.E. Hedger Company of 25 Broadway New York, New York. She worked in New York from 1926- 1931. From 1928-1931 she was transferred the ownership of the Nat Sutton Company of New Jersey (in care of the W.E. Hedger Co.)
She was originally rated at 275 IHP (Indicated Horse Power). In 1926, her horsepower was increased to 300.
In 1932, she went out of registry.
(Captain Eric Takakjian)