Built by, Sparling Welded Shipbuilding Corporation of Astoria, New York.
In 1936, she was acquired by the Providence Steamboat Company of Providence, Rhode Island where she was renamed as the Resolute . She was the first tug to bare the name for the Providence Steamboat Company.
In the 1960's the tug was acquired by Robert L. Schildwachter of New York, New York her fate is unknown.
The tug was powered by a McIntosh and Seymour Corporation 6 cylinder diesel turning a single propeller.