Built in 1884, by John H. Dialogue & Sons of Camden, New Jersey (hull #256) as the Charles H. Fox .
There are no available listings for the tug Charles H. Fox prior to 1924. It is possible that the tug was sold and or registered foreign after it was built.
In 1924 the tug was acquired by the Providence Steamboat Company of Providence, Rhode Island where she was renamed as the Walter E. Sutton . She remained under their ownership from until 1937.
In 1937, she was acquired by Lavigne and Smith of Providence, Rhode Island. The tug was under their ownership until 1938.
She went out of registry between 1938 and 1939.
The tug was single screw rated 100 IHP (Indicated Horse Power).
(Captain Eric Takakjian)