Built in 1931, by the Sun Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company of Chester Pennsylvania (hull# 138) as the White Flash for the Atlantic Refining Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Her keel was laid on February 11th, 1931. She was launched on September 10th, 1931. And, delivered to the Atlantic Refining Group of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on September 16th, 1931.
In 1944, she was acquired by the Reinauer Transportation Companies of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Bert Reinauer.
In 1951, the unit was sold. And, renamed as the Charles McCarren.
In 1955, she was acquired by the Sinclair Refining Company Incorporated of Wilmington, Delaware. Where she was renamed as the Sinclair Power X.
In 1969, the Sinclair Refining Company renamed the vessel as the Sinclair Gary.
In 1969, she was sold. And, renamed as the Gary.
In 1992, the vessel was scrapped. She was powered by a single, six cylinder, 276kW, 189(mm), Cooper Bessemer diesel engine.