Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
M/T FRANKLIN REINAUER

Built in 1921, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Elizabethport, New Jersey (hull #533) as the Syracuse Socony for the Standard Oil Company of New York, New York.

In 1945, she was acquired by the Reinauer Transportation Companies of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Franklin Reinauer.

In 1948, the unit was sold and renamed as the K.H. Dunbar.

In 1952, she was sold and renamed as the Du-Val.

In 1954, the unit was renamed as the Cemico-Erie.

In 1959, she was renamed as the John F. McKay.

In 1965, the unit was renamed as the Draga de Arena.

In 1985, she was scuttled off St. Lucie Inlet, Florida. She was powered by a single, six cylinder, 324kW, GM Electro Motive engine.


  • Vessel Name: M/T FRANKLIN REINAUER
  • USCG Doc. No.: 221139
  • Vessel Service: TANK SHIP
  • IMO Number: 5405621
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WF7107
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 533
  • Ship Builder: BETHLEHEM STEEL COMPANY
  • Year Built: 1921
  • Length: 186
  • Hull Depth: 9
  • Hull Breadth: 26
  • Gross Tonnage: 570
  • Net Tonnage: 394
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Syracuse Socony, Franklin Reinauer, K.H. Dunbar, Du-Val, Cemico-Erie, John F. McKay, Draga de Arena
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Standard Oil Co., Reinauer Transportation Co.